I have been in private practice since 1989 when I completed my massage certificate at MacEwan University. I have a full-time practice at my home studio where I specialize in craniosacral therapy. I am a member of The Massage Therapist Association of Alberta. In 1994, I began my studies in craniosacral therapy with The Upledger Institute and then became devoted to expanding my knowledge in this field. I am trained in all basic levels: CranioSacral Therapy Level I & II, Somato-emotional Release Level I & II, CranioSacral Therapy for Pediatrics I, and Advanced CranioSacral Therapy with The Upledger Institute. I am also a teaching assistant with the Institute. Advanced studies with The Upledger Institute have included:
- The Brain Speaks I
- Cranial Anatomy
- Being Present as a Therapeutic Tool
- CranioSacral Therapy and Longevity (Reversal of the Aging Process)
- CranioSacral Therapy and The Immune Response
- Advanced Immune: Palpating and Treating the Extremities.
I have also studied with Upledger instructor Suzanne Scurlock-Durana in the Healing from the Core curriculum:
- Grounding and Boundaries
- Expanding Present Moment Consciousness
- From Trauma Recovery to Ecstasy: Healing the Nervous System
- Advanced Energy Dynamics and Applications I.
Other cranial approaches include: studies with The Milne Institute and advanced training with two osteopaths – Dr. Gideon Seth and Dr. Alain Gehin. Dr. Seth taught me advanced osteopathic techniques. Dr. Gehin, a world authority on cranial manipulation, taught a series of three advanced trainings in cranial manipulation and treatment. I have studied Biodynamic approaches to cranial, birth, and natal experiences. I have focused on life transitions with:
- CranioSacral Therapy Around Death and Dying
- CranioSacral Applications for Conception, Pregnancy and Birthing
My experience in massage and other bodywork include: reflexology, Reiki, Trager Psychophysical Integration, St. John’s Neuromuscular Therapy, Russian massage, lymph drainage, and visceral manipulation. Over the years, I have taught workshops and lectured to share the healing and therapeutic benefit of touch. My practice has reflected my interests by working with clients dealing with emotional trauma during my years assisting at the Edmonton Sexual Assault Centre; and dealing with whiplash wholistically during bodymind studies. My interests continue around bodymind therapy and helping others navigate inner changes associated with losses, illness, or other major life changes. My experience with clientele ranges from whiplash, post-surgery recovery, birthing issues, acute and chronic pain, concussion, brain and spinal injuries and emotional issues.
Why choose me?
- over 25 years of experience
- excellent massage therapy skills including trigger point, myofascial release, joint mobilizations and more
- expertise in craniosacral therapy from a number of osteopathic approaches
- experienced in dealing with many conditions from minor injuries/pain to spinal injuries
- wide variety of hands-on techniques
- customized therapies to suit your needs
- holistic approach
- centrally located with easy access from north and south side